WELA members are entitled to participate in an internet-based electronic discussion group, or “listserv,” that provides almost instant feedback to questions and thoughts related to employment law. This is a terrific way to keep on top of the latest developments in the law, new defense tactics, judges, and recent jury attitudes. All active members have access to the Wela Listserv. If you are already an active member but not active on the listserv, please email email@example.com. The wela administrator will verify your WELA membership, and sign you up. If you are not a member, please visit our join wela page, and sign up today.
The purpose of the WELA listserv is to enable members to communicate with each other about matters that advance WELA’s mission of enforcing and advancing employee rights and that assist members in running their law practices. Members are expected to abide by the following rules.
- The listserv and its content shall not be used to advance the interests of employers or in the defense of an employer.
- Member posts are confidential and are not to be shared or forwarded to non-members.
- Content of member posts may be shared consistent with WELA’s mission of enforcing and advancing the rights of employees, but only to the extent that it does not refer to WELA and does not have the potential to reveal the identity of WELA members or their clients.
- The listserv should be used to discuss issues related to employment law, trial practice, and running a law practice, and the business of WELA.
- Members should not post confidential or attorney-client communications including, but not limited to, confidential information identifying clients or potential clients.
- Messages posted on the listserv cannot be filtered; all members who are on the list receive all messages posted to the list. Members should limit their posts to one subject per message and strive for brevity.
- All documents attached to messages posted on the listserv must be scanned for viruses, and members shall not attach documents which are or may be contaminated with viruses.
- Members shall use professional etiquette in all messages posted on the listserv; no racist, sexist, or other derogatory or profane language is permitted.
- By participating in the WELA listserv you acknowledge that any advice given is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and that you will not assert that any attorney or listserv member providing such advice (1) has created any attorney-client relationship as a consequence of such advice, (2) has any legal responsibility to you or your client as a consequence of such advice, or (3) is in any way conflicted from representing any individuals or entities as a consequence of such advice.
Failure to abide by these terms may result in loss of the privilege of using the listserv.